Engineered Floor Sanding
Need Floor Restoration Service?
- Free Site Visits
- SERVICE UNDER GUARANTEE
- FULLY INSURED SERVICE
Engineered floor sanding is best left to the experts. There is not much of a real wood top layer to be sanded and careful choice on the selection of abrasives should be made, regardless if your floors have 3 mm or 6 mm top layer.
Choose your floor sanding company carefully and here are some reasons why to choose us.
Experts on Wooden Flooring
First, we think of us as experts in wooden floors, then we say that floor sanding is only part of it. There is so much to know about wooden floor products - so many types, sizes and colours. So many, that one can get confused.
But not us. We have categories these products, we have learned about their manufacturers, the finishes they used, about the origin of their timber and all there is to know. So, when we see an engineered flooring product we are confident we know about it, enough to choose the best approach for its restoration.
The thickness of the top layer of engineered flooring products range from 1 mm to 6 mm. Our engineered wood floor sanding service is gentle to all, regardless of the thickness. We say with our floor restoration service your floors will be there longer.
Did You Know?
- Staining is not recommended for engineered floors with 3 mm top layer. Due to the ageing of floors and some minor differences in level, the floor sanding equipment may take a bit more of the top layer in some areas than other, causing uneven thickness of the top layer. That effectively can result in uneven absorbance of the stain applied causing inconsistency of colour throughout the floors.
- Sanding grooved flooring with clearly not a perfect level may end up with uneven depth of the grooving throughout. Considering removal of the groove completely by the sanding service is recommended.
- Engineered floors like hardwood floors in many cases could be installed with beading on the perimeter to cover the expansion gap required for wooden floors. As preserving the beading from scratching during the sanding of the floors is almost impossible, replacement of the beading after the sanding is completed will provide better end results.
- Sometimes, a cheaper and quicker wood floor re-oiling service can save the hassle of floor sanding if called in at the right time, not too late. React to first signs of sealant wearing.
- Some Kahrs flooring products come with 1 mm top veneer. These products although classified by their manufacturer as engineered are beyond restoration. These products can be easily confused with normal engineered products.
Restoration of Boen and Kahrs Flooring
The world famous brands Kahrs and Boen are known for their 15 mm, click system engineered floors. These like many other products are an example of products with a thin top layer, which you can rest assured are in safe hands.
Frequently Asked Questions